Wednesday, September 28, 2022

The Website

 


I started researching the families who were called Melungeons in 1988, although I did not know at the time there were called Melungeons.  I was hooked up to internet in 1996 and almost immediately asking in a Virginia chat room about my Gibsons I was told they were Melungeons.  Thus started my hunt. 


In 2002 after attending the "Melungeon Reunion" in Kingsport, Tennessee, I seen, heard and read things that just didn't seem right; they were Turkish, they were Jews from Scotland, they carried inherited diseases etc., etc., etc.  I decided it was time to put my research online.  So for the last twenty years I have been paying to keep the website going.  

I've decided to transfer documents, articles and such to the Google Blog, DOCUMENTING THE MELUNGEONS and hope to have it finished in the next few weeks.  

If you scroll all the way down the page you will see September 2022 there have been 31 pages added today - in chronological order, Still have a lot of tweaking to do - starting at the bottom just click on the links. 

Documenting the Melungeons & Their Kin  

BLOG ARCHIVE

Gideon Gibson History in Question

  GIDEON GIBSON MURAL                                                                                                                       ...